For the third consecutive year, the OBSKURA festival is launching its call for entries !
Initiated by Zero de Conduite and Labo K, the OBSKURA festival celebrates contemporary analog film practices around the world.
The festival will be held between the 28th of june and the 1st of July 2023 at the Théâtre National de Bretagne and La Parcheminerie, in Rennes, France.
We wish to show films that elude common framework, play to our senses and reimagine reality through their formal expression. OBSKURA also explores other perceptions and narratives with film performances.
We are looking forward to your film proposals with enthusiasm !
International call for films :
- The call for entries is open to all genres of film, on celluloid. Accepted film formats are 35mm, 16mm, Super 8 or found footage.
- Celluloid and digital projection formats are accepted.
- Films submitted must be no longer than 45 minutes and must have been made after January the 1st, 2020.
- Films not in french should have french or english subtitles.
- The OBSKURA festival is non-competitive and without registration fees.
- The selection will be shown to the public between june 28th and July 1st 2023 at the Théâtre National de Bretagne and La Parcheminerie, in Rennes, France.
- The call for entries will close on March 30, 2023.
- The results of the selection will be conveyed from May 31, 2023.